Courier authentication library.
The Courier authentication library provides authentication services for other Courier applications. In this context, the term "authentication" refers to the following functions:
- Take a userid or a loginid, and a password. Determine whether the loginid and the password are valid.
- Given a userid, obtain the following information about the userid:
- The account's home directory.
- The numeric system userid and groupid that owns all files associated with this account.
- The location of the account's maildir.
- Any maildir quota defined for this account. See the Courier documentation for more information on maildir quotas.
- Other miscellaneous account-specific options.
- Change the password associated with a loginid.
- Obtain a complete list of all loginids.